Monday, June 11, 2007

Jeopardy Adventure: Part Two

What follows is a very brief excerpt of my newly published eBook, "How I Got on Jeopardy!...and Actually Won!"  The full book is available on Amazon.com for a very low price.

It was very close to 5pm, and I was about to leave the office for the weekend. A number popped up on my phone as it rang.

‘California?’ I thought. Who the hell do I know in California? I knew a couple of investment firms, but they would probably never call me. CalPERS is one of our clients, but again, clients rarely call me directly without me knowing it beforehand.

‘Jared Cohen?’ I said, as if I was the one who didn’t know what Jared Cohen sounded like.

The voice on the other end of the line asked for Jared Cohen, I guess he hadn’t listened to me when I answered the phone.

‘Speaking.’

‘This is Tony Pandolfo of Jeopardy’

‘Oh my god’

The next 20 minutes or so were a complete blur, albeit one spent entirely seated at my desk.

No comments: