Thursday, August 16, 2007

Superbad...more like SuperAWESOME

Finally, after months and months of waiting, what has become my most eagerly aniticpated movie debut since Death Wish 4 is finally coming out.

I'm sure you've seen the previews because they're absolutely everywhere. Between all the different trailers, I figure I've seen about 20% of the actual film.

And it's still going to be amazing.

When I first read about this movie on IMDB, I thought t had tremendous potential. I've been a big Judd Apatow fan ever since I found out he was the brains behind Heavyweights (an underrated film). I've still never watched Freaks and Geeks or Undeclared, but I've only heard good things. And then there's his more current stuff like 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up. While Superbad wasn't written by Apatow, it looks to be in a very similar vein.

Anyway, add in Michael Cera (a.k.a. George Michael Bluth of Arrested Development) who's a master of being the awkward straight man and the fat guy from 40 Year Olf Virgin (who wanted to buy the crazy disco boots).

There is no way this movie cannot be fantastic.

The reviews (see link below) seem to be in agreement.

Superbad - Rotten Tomatoes

My only qualm is that I leave for Costa Rica at 6am Saturday morning and won't be able to see the movie until I get back.

I guess I'll have to deal.

No comments: