Thursday, August 9, 2007

Negative Beard

When I left my job at the end of June, I made the executive decision to stop shaving. I figured, with weeks off and nothing to do, and no real obligation to look presentable, why not let it go and see what happens?

Weeks later, I had myself a beard.

Whether it looked good or not is clearly inconsequential, and regardless, I won't have that opportunity until I become wealthy or powerful enough to tell everyone else to screw off.

Of course, when I made the decision to shave, I didn't realize it would take so long.

I'll put the pictures up on Facebook, but as I went through the process, I snapped some photos of other facial hair styles I could've gone with. (In hindsight, maybe I should've chosen the six inch mutton chops)

Anyway, I'm clean shaven now, so don't let anyone say I'm unwilling to sell out my principals to conform to the standard idealized corporate image.

No comments: