Saturday, July 18, 2009

Men....CHASM....Women

I was at my girlfriend's apartment recently, when she complained that her toilet seemed to be running.

I told her to wait a second, but she seemed convinced it was some kind of problem.

I tore myself away from whatever I was doing and walked over the the bathroom, where I cleared off all the stuff that sits on the toilet and opened the tank.

Everything looked normal, so I took the opportunity to go through all the parts and how they worked together to make a functioning toilet. The chain, the flapper, the float, the whole darn thing.

Much like this photo.



I thought it was interesting, and figured my girlfriend would appreciate knowing how it worked so she could fix it in a pinch.

She looked at me like I was some kind of crazy person.

I guess that will still be my job.

No comments: