Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sick of Chicago GSB

Classes haven't even started yet, but I'm already completely and totally sick. Not sick of school, which has been really good so far, but physically sick.

I haven't really been sick in a while, and I forgot how much it sucks. Fortunately it's nothing serious, just cold/flu symptoms that I'm sure haven't been helped by staying out late at all the social events that have been going on lately.

I'm guessing this is just a one-time thing as all of us students get acclimated to each other. It seems as though everyone I've spoken to has been/is getting sick in the last week. It makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

Take a couple hundred people from over 50 countries and cities...

ADD daily gatherings which often involve close quarters

ADD dozens and dozens of introductions (which include shaking hands with new classmates)

SUBTRACT sleep

MIX liberally with alcohol

a perfect recipe, let's just hope it passes before classes start this Thursday.

No comments: