Monday, January 4, 2010

Quick Vacation Wake Up

Today was the first day back at work after a little over a week of relaxation. My girlfriend came in from the windy city, and managed to bring the wind with her (it was absolutely freezing in New York).

We spent a week doing touristy New York things, because she hadn't spent a ton of time here, and I hadn't spent a ton of time here actually doing stuff besides working and sleeping. We did the ice skating thing, the broadway thing, we even mugged some tourists late at night just for fun (Of course, we had to pick someone we could overpower easily, which is why I'm the proud owner of a new Hello Kitty backpack)

We also ate our way up and down the island, sampling the best pizza, donuts, cookies, and cupcakes the city has to offer.

Which is why I did a double take hopping on the scale the other day. And I'm pretty sure I heard the elliptical machine groan 'Wow you're fat' under my weight as I jumped up on it this morning.

But that's not the quick wake up from vacation I was referring to. No, this one is work-related, in another tale of things that probably happen a lot in consulting.

REMAINING SECTIONS REDACTED

No comments: