Saturday, November 10, 2007

I've been parodied...or something

So I saw this video posted as a response to my Kebert Xela video...I'm really not too sure what it is, but I thought it was pretty funny to see myself turned into some kind of cartoon character.

YouTube - eMax - Jeopardy

In other news, school's been pretty darn busy now that recruiting has started.

The good thing is that midterms are over (and they went pretty well with relatively little stress), so recruiting has taken on most of my time.

I did also spend a bunch of time on this presentation as part of a case competition. Basically, a consulting firm sponsored a competition where groups of students formed consulting teams and were given the same hypothetical business problem to solve. It was good to interview a bunch of role-players and get the information. It wasn't as much fun to actually put it all together in a presentation, but we put some serious effort into it.

There were 15 teams, and apparently we came in 6th...which wouldn't have been so bad, except only the top 5 teams made the finals and got to actually present their findings. (of course presenting involved starting at 8 this morning, so there's a silver lining in missing out I guess)

It was a pretty good experience, and I'm interested to see how the next one (next week) goes. I figure I'll try to do as many as possible and try to work with as many different people as possible. That'll have to be helpful.

The recruiting stuff has been pretty much what I expected, although I never really knew what it was like to have companies actually interested in hiring you. Coming out of PSU in one of the worst hiring markets since the depression, let's just say the firms weren't banging down our door. Now it's almost the opposite, there are so many firms competing for your attention, and it's up to each one of us to figure out how to best allocate our time.

I still haven't figured out what the optimal mix is, but I feel like I'm getting better at telling my story and asking good questions. Of course, we won't really know until the winter when I find out if I succeed in getting interviews or not.

No comments: