Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Tight Ship, Indeed

Longer posts are on their way, believe me, I have a couple on my to-do list. But really quickly, I got the following email today from our HR organization.

Now remember, I've been working here for almost a full year, and have lived in the same place the entire time. However, I had a different address when I was an intern, and getting my HR-related documents (most notably, a health insurance card) to the right place has been problematic.


From: HR@XXXXXXXXXXX.com
Subject: Address Change Notificaton


06/29/2010

Memo: Address Change Request
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
RE: Change of address request

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

This memo is to inform you that your change of address request was updated in our system.

The following address is now in our records:


Effective Date: 10/07/2009 10:38:05 am
XXX East 12th Street
Apt XXX
New York, NY 10003

If this address is incorrect please contact your local Human Capital Representative

Sincerely,

Human Resources


I think there should be some kind of absurdity filter for these emails that says, 'Wait, it's June and we're just processing this request from October?'

No comments: